Dear Academy Family:
As the Academy’s programs begin, the vibrant energy in the building coincides with the soon-to-be-vibrant colors of the trees outside my window. It’s a wonderful change from the slower pace of summer! Below are a few important reminders as well as invitations to join us for several events.
- Very soon, your teacher will have specific information regarding how your studio or ensemble is going to participate in the tutti! auction. Please ask him or her for more information.
- The Academy is proud to present its first online store! T-shirts, sweatshirts, and fleece are available for two weeks, beginning today. Click here to see the many size and color options! Orders are placed and paid online. Items will be delivered mid-late October to the Academy.
- We are sponsoring several free concerts in the next two weeks. Please join us for the following (each is approximately 1 hour in length):
- Family Concert: An Introduction to the Baroque with Flying Forms, guest artists – Saturday, September 28, 1 pm, Lawrence Memorial Chapel (cosponsored by Lawrence Baroque Ensemble)
- Faculty Recital: Anna Reiser, piano, and David Rubin, violin – Sunday, September 29, 1 pm, Harper Hall in the Lawrence Conservatory
- Faculty Recital: Barbara Beechey, viola and Michael Rivers, piano, with Kortney James, flute – Saturday, October 5, 2 pm, Harper Hall in the Lawrence Conservatory
- We still have space available in our one-time-only West African dance and drumming class, our Community Gamelan for adults and youth, our adult orchestra, and our adult seminar series, Exploring Music. Please click on the links to learn about or register for these programs.
- Did you know that we are on social media? “Like” us on facebook to receive additional resources and time-sensitive updates (including weather-related issues for ensembles) or follow us on twitter: @LawrenceAcadMus .
On behalf of Academy teachers and staff,
Karen Bruno, director
Lawrence Academy of Music