Dear Academy Family:
I hope you were able to take some time to rest and enjoy one another over Thanksgiving! Suddenly, the calendar has turned to December, leading to lots of wonderful performance opportunities at the Academy. Thank you, in advance, for reading the information below very carefully.
- Thank you so much for your support of our online tutti! auction. Between November 12 and 21, we sold more than $14,000 worth of merchandise! If you were a donor, a sponsor, a winner, or helped with advertising in any way, we are most grateful. All proceeds of the auction will support teacher development, tuition assistance, and Academy programs. Please keep our generous business donors in mind as you do your holiday shopping. Our “Buy Local” guide can be found here.
- This is the year the Girl Choir program presents a Christmas concert. Please join more than 300 girls in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel on Saturday, December 14th at 2 pm or 7 pm for the 2013 edition of “Yuletide Carols.” Tickets can be purchased online.
- Did you know we have an adult orchestra? The LAMP (Lawrence Adult Music Programs) Orchestra will present its December concert in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel on Tuesday, December 17th at 7 pm. Please enjoy this FREE concert…and perhaps consider joining the ensemble for second semester!
- Several Academy string teachers will collaborate to present string group recitals on Sunday, December 15th in Harper Hall in the Lawrence Conservatory. Please join us at 12:30, 1:45, or 3:00 for one of these free recitals.
- Are you looking for stocking stuffers or Academy apparel? We have Wilmar’s chocolate Santas and chocolate mints for sale in the Academy office. We will also have a giant apparel sale (select in-stock merchandise only) in the Academy lobby beginning next week.
- Did you miss out on the fall West African Drum and Dance class? Fear not! We are pleased to offer a second session (appropriate for returning students or new students in grades 5-9) beginning in January. Please contact the office at 920-832-6632 for further information.
- Please be sure to check with your studio teacher or ensemble handbook so that you know your lesson or rehearsal schedule for December and January. Each studio teacher sets his or her own weeks of vacation. Each ensemble has slightly different start dates in January. If you have misplaced your handbook, please refer to the Academy website for further information.
- Note that the Academy of Music is closed from December 22-29, 2013. No lessons will be taught in the building during that time. The offices will remain closed until January 2, 2014.
I leave you with words from Nelson Mandela:
“It is music and dancing that make me at peace with the world.”
May you and your family also find peace this holiday season.
Karen Bruno, director
Lawrence Academy of Music