We’ll be holding our Gender Studies Symposium for senior capstone projects on Sunday, June 6th, in Steitz Science Hall 102 from 10am to 3pm. Everyone is invited to see presentations on eight terrific projects!
Our schedule is:
- 10-10.30am–Cora Keene – Misogyny: The Controversy Then and Now
- 10.30-11–Mike Korcek – Drag Kinging in Amsterdam: Queer Identity Politics, Subcultural Spaces, and Transformative Potentials
- 11-11.30–Caro Leach – Heteronormativity and the Negative Impact on LGBT youth: The Problematic Intersection of Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- 11.30-noon–Stacy Klemme – Guerrilla Girls: A Theoretical Analysis of an Activist Group Taking On the Art World
noon-1pm–lunch (sandwich buffet, provided)
- 1pm-1.30–Chelsea Seremeta – Bro-ing Up Behn: A Cultural Analysis
- 1.30-2–Sarah Bruemmer
- 2-2.30–Alyssa Bosse – Defining Gender in Intersexed Patients
- 2.30-3–Dani Simandl – Girls Gone Wild, String Instrument-Style: Playing Instrumental Music for a Popular Culture
Each talk should be about 20 minutes long, with 10 minutes or so for discussion and questions.