CALL FOR ESSAYS AND CREATIVE PROJECTS
The 4th Annual Undergraduate Ethics Symposium
DePauw University — April 7-9, 2011
DePauw University invites you to take part in the Undergraduate Ethics Symposium at the Prindle Institute for Ethics, a center for interdisciplinary reflection on ethical issues. This symposium is an opportunity to engage in dialogue with leading scholars and professionals about today’s ethical concerns.
Although students may write about any ethical issue, this year we especially encourage submissions focusing on personal morality, as well as environmental ethics, bio-medical ethics, media ethics, feminist ethics, and diversity. Students may submit an argumentative, interpretive or analytic essay or a creative piece. Accepted students’ work will be the primary focus of the symposium workshops.
• Participating students attend seminars with distinguished visiting scholars or professionals.
• Students’ travel (up to $400), lodging, and meals while at DePauw will be covered by the Institute
• Accepted work will be published.
• Deadline : February 1, 2011
• Submit to Linda Clute at firstname.lastname@example.org
• All submissions should be electronic; texts should be MS Word, not pdf.
• Place name and collegiate affiliation on separate page.