Following Governor Evers’s “stay at home” order, the Academy will be closed through April 24. The closure will affect each Academy program in a slightly different way, so please take a moment to read this message in its entirety.
- In-person teaching is suspended during this time. Private lessons will be handled individually by each teacher; expect communication directly from them. Teachers carrying out remote instruction may continue to do so at their discretion.
- Studio recitals have been postponed until further notice.
- ABRSM exams have been canceled. Registrants will be contacted when we have information about how refunds will occur.
- As of March 15, all ensemble instruction (orchestra, bands, choirs, gamelan, and chamber music) has concluded for the semester. All performances previously scheduled for these ensembles (March 21, March 29, April 19, May 24) have been canceled; the return of music and uniforms will take place later this spring.
- Youth ensemble auditions (ASTRO, Girl Choir, and Wind Ensemble) will be rescheduled. Please watch for an email in early April with further instructions.
- The spring sessions of Early Childhood Music and Children’s Gamelan have been canceled.
- Music Enrichment for Those With Special Needs class sessions will be coordinated and communicated directly with the teacher but will not take place during Academy closure dates.
- Those enrolled with student teachers or in Piano Lab Class will receive additional information from our office.
- As of this writing, we anticipate that summer programming will continue as planned. Registered families should check their email for more information.
Please note: these plans may change based upon directives from public health officials or Lawrence University.
We will send out any further updates via email.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Lawrence Academy of Music Staff