As we wind down the winter term, I know that many of you are looking forward to spring break and the opportunities it brings for a change of pace. Whatever your plans, I hope you will find time to rest and recharge even as we prepare for the Spring Term. Thank you for all you have done to keep our campus community safe. Please note that while residence halls will close at noon on Thursday, March 17, 2022, students may stay on campus during the break at no extra cost.
If you wish to remain on campus, you will need to register to prevent a loss of ID access to your residence hall:
- Log on to Voyager
- Go to Student Services
- Click ‘Request for housing’
Note too that residents cannot use meal plans over break, but the café will be open temporarily for lunch from March 21-25th, and will accept Viking Gold, credit, or debit cards.
I am also writing to share guidance as we head into a well-deserved Spring Break and to remind you of our plans for Spring Term.
- Spring Break Travelers: Students who are traveling over spring break are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines during travel. Individuals who would like to participate in testing prior to departure are welcome to self-select and be tested on Monday March 14, from 12-4:45 P.M.
- Spring Break Residents: All students who will remain on campus over break are welcome to be tested on Monday, March 14. Students living in the surrounding community may also self-select to be tested on March 14.
- Masking Expectations: As indicated in the March 4 Community Message, campus will be transitioning to a Mask Friendly campus in alignment with current CDC guidance on the first day of spring break, Thursday March 17. Please see the initial email (linked above) for additional details related to masking. Individuals who would like additional high-quality masks including KN95s and N95s may pick them up at Wellness Services.
- Protocol for Returning to Campus: All students who are on campus in any capacity will be tested on Monday, March 28, from 8-10:45 A.M. and 12:00-4:45 PM in the Wellness Center. We will utilize rapid tests at that time so that community members will receive their results as quickly as possible. This testing process will take longer as individuals wait on site to complete the testing process, so please plan accordingly. Students who receive a negative test result will be provided documentation indicating that they have completed testing and are able to participate in classes. Students who receive a positive test result will complete the contact tracing process at that time in Wellness Services. All students will also be given an additional test to be completed off-site 3 to 5 days later.
- Lawrence Campus Community Pledge: All members of the Lawrence Community will be expected to continue to follow the Pledge. The Pledge has been updated to reflect current expectations. Members of the community who are returning to campus this term and have not signed the Pledge this academic year are expected to sign the Pledge on Voyager.
- Vaccine Booster Clinics: We are excited to host two additional vaccine booster clinics during the month of March. If you still need to receive a booster, please be sure to visit the on-campus clinics on March 17th from 1 – 5 PM and March 29th 1-7 PM, all in the Warch Campus Center’s Pusey Room.
- Surveillance Testing: Currently, surveillance testing is not scheduled during the spring term. Lawrence will maintain a relationship with our testing partners and will continue to monitor COVID-19 activity on campus and in the community. Surveillance testing may be reinstated if necessary.
- Symptomatic Testing: Lawrentians continue to be tested for COVID-19 when displaying any symptoms associated with the virus. Students will have access to testing via Wellness Services during business hours and through Campus Safety after business hours. Employees continue to seek symptomatic testing off campus.
Best wishes to all as you wrap up this term and complete your final assignments, and safe travels to those who will be leaving campus over break. Take and enjoy a deep breath! Please continue to watch your email for additional information before the start of term. And if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be well and stay well,