We write today to provide an update on the status of the pandemic on campus, new opportunities for testing this week, and a reminder of our current mitigation strategies.
Over the past two weeks, we have seen an increase in the number of positive COVID-19 cases on campus. Two weeks ago (4/11-4/17), we saw 68 total new cases on campus. Last week (4/18-4/24), we saw 54 total new cases.
This recent significant spike in positive cases remains a concern for campus, but we are encouraged to report that fewer positive cases have been reported over the past 5 days. As of 2:30 p.m. today, we’ve had 6 new positive cases, compared to 19 during the same time last week.
To continue to monitor cases, we will offer voluntary PCR and rapid testing tomorrow, April 27, in the Wellness Center. Testing will take place from 12:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- We encourage all individuals who have been designated a close contact or may have been exposed to COVID-19 to attend.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, do not attend testing.
- If you have had COVID-19 in the past 90 days, please use a rapid test.
In addition, we plan to offer voluntary testing weekly until the end of the term. Students will also continue to have access to free rapid tests during business hours from Wellness Services or after hours from Campus Safety.
Please continue to Honor the Pledge and:
- Wear a mask in public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. 4-ply masks are available in the Wellness Center.
- Take extra precautions, which includes checking your symptoms daily and limiting in-person meetings and gatherings whenever possible.
- Coordinate large events with the following groups for guidance:
Dining spaces will remain adjusted to accommodate enhanced physical distancing. Capacity in the Brengel Dining Room will remain reduced, and additional spaces in Warch will remain opened as an alternative dining space.
If adjustments to our plans or operational status are needed, we will be in immediate communication with our campus community.
As always, please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned to your email for updates.
Be well and stay well,
Lawrence Pandemic Planning Team