We write today to announce that the Lawrence campus will transition to Green Light status starting Wednesday, June 29, 2022. This transition also includes shifting to a Mask Friendly campus.
Currently, one Lawrence community member living or working on campus is in quarantine or isolation, and positivity rates are on the decline in our surrounding community. These facts, along with the university’s status as a highly vaccinated community, informed our decision to update our status.
Green Light status means that:
- All curricular and co-curricular activities will remain in-person.
- All academic and administrative buildings will remain open to the public (no key card access required) from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. This includes the Mudd Library. More information regarding building hours is available in the Guest Policy on the COVID-19 news blog.
- Students living on campus must abide by residential expectations.
Being a Mask Friendly campus means that masks can be worn by anyone at any time on our campus but are not universally required. Additionally, individuals may determine their own guidelines for their individual space, meaning that:
- Faculty may require masks in classrooms based on room capacity, air ventilation, and/or personal preference.
- Students may require guests to wear masks in their residence hall rooms.
- Employees may require others to be masked in individual offices.
- Meeting and event organizers may also require the use of masks.
- Printable signage is available in the Communications Tool-Kit if needed.
The LPPT asks that we continue to demonstrate care, respect, and compassion for each other in our community. Individuals who prefer to be masked may obtain additional high-quality masks, including 4-ply masks and KN95s, from Wellness Services.
We will continue to recommend that individuals wear masks if they are ill or have COVID-19 symptoms. In addition, there will be times when individuals will be required to wear masks following current health protocols, such as individuals who have been identified as close contacts or who are in the five-day period following the completion of isolation for COVID-19.
LPPT will continue to monitor viral activity on campus, pivoting as necessary to continue to mitigate the spread of the virus within our community.
Thank you, as always, for your care and cooperation, and please send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be well and stay well,
Lawrence Pandemic Planning Team