The goal of this policy is to prioritize the health and safety of our campus community while finding ways to open campus to the broader community.
As a highly vaccinated community—94% of our students and 93% of our employees are vaccinated —with standing practices and protocols built on trust and our Community Pledge, we have managed to live, learn, and work with the pandemic.
The campus is open to the public.
All academic and administrative buildings and spaces will be open (no key card access required) from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. This includes the Mudd Library. Exceptions are noted below. The room reservation system should be used to request building/door access outside of these standard operating hours.
- Chapman Hall
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Monday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Memorial Hall
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Open when Viking Room is open
- Warch Campus Center
- Sunday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 7 a.m.-midnight
- Guests are welcome to dine in the Brengel Dining Room and Kaplan’s Café.
- Wellness Center
- Monday-Thursday, 6:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Friday, 6:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Athletic contests and Conservatory performances are open to the public.
- Student residence halls, houses, and lofts are not open to guests, regardless of the campus’ operational status.
When the Lawrence University campus is open, guests will:
- Monitor health using the Daily COVID-19 Self-Observation Questionnaire and take symptoms seriously. If you are experiencing symptoms or have had close contact with someone with COVID-19, please visit Lawrence University at another time.
- Get vaccinated. While not a requirement for visiting the Lawrence campus, guests are reminded that Lawrence is a highly vaccinated community focused on protecting the health of our students, faculty and staff. We know that vaccinated individuals, particularly those who have received a booster, are less likely to experience severe infections, and strongly encourage guests to be vaccinated prior to coming to campus.
- Wear a mask in all indoor public locations. KN95 or 4-ply masks or double masking is recommended.
- Practice health and safety protocols like physical distancing where possible and frequent hand washing.
- Not enter residence halls, group houses, or lofts.
Student, Faculty, & Staff Expectations
When the Lawrence University campus is open to the public, guests do not require a university host. Students, faculty, and staff planning large events are asked to comply with the following procedures
- Honor the Pledge.
- Student organizations planning an event that includes a significant number of guests must work through the SEAL office (Student Engagement, Activities, and Leadership).
- Employees planning an event that includes a significant number of guests must consult with the Facilities Request Group.
The Facilities Request Group is charged with making recommendations for all requests to use campus facilities and determining what, if any, reconfigurations, capacity limitations or vaccination requirements are necessary to comply with COVID protocols.
- Mary Alma Noonan (chair), Vice President for Finance & Administration
- Matt Baumler, Executive Director of Alumni & Constituency Engagement
- Erin Buenzli, Assistant Dean of Wellness Services
- Jon Meyer, Director of Campus Services
- Kim Falkenhagen, Interim Athletics Director
Updated June 1, 2022