- Deadline: All submissions for the Thursday morning LU Insider are due Wednesday at noon.
- Submissions: Designated staff members from across campus can submit posts by logging in here. If you would like to submit a post but do not have access, contact email@example.com
- Frequency: Announcements will seldomly be allowed to appear in consecutive LU Insider newsletters. Submit announcements strategically.
- Events: To have an event listed in the “Events Next Week” section of the LU Insider newsletter, it must be on the Events Calendar. The Office of Communications reserves the right to curate the list for length. Recurring events will not appear in the section. Posts that are strictly event announcements will no longer be included in the LU Insider email.
- Headlines: Write headlines with a purpose so that people get the main idea of the announcement from the headline.
- First Sentence(s): The first sentence or two of a post should mention all essential information and details. These sentences will most often be the text used in the preview text for your announcement on the LU Insider email.
- Photos and Graphics: For the sake of accessibility, no graphics or photos with text will be allowed in LU Insider posts unless all the information is also written as text in the post. Photos are welcome at the end of posts as long as alt text is included.
- Category and Audience: Always select the proper category for the post before submitting for approval. The LU Insider will no longer be separated into student and faculty/staff emails, so make sure content is appropriate for all audiences. Before submitting for approval, continue to select intended audience(s), as faculty/staff announcements will be denoted.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of Communications reserves the right to curate the LU Insider posts that appear in the email summary.
About LU Insider
LU Insider is Lawrence’s internal communications platform, created to keep the campus community better informed while also reducing email volume and providing a permanent home for campus news.
LU Insider is updated every Thursday morning. Posts can be sorted by audience (faculty, staff or students) or category (Career Services, Health and Wellness, Human Resources, etc.).
Posts contain news that is of genuine value to the campus community—think upcoming deadlines, policy updates, new hires, information on Commencement, etc. While upcoming events such as community gatherings, all-staff meetings or employer recruiting visits may qualify, the intent is not to replicate the university events calendar.
While LU Insider is intended to limit the amount of intracampus email, time-sensitive announcements or important reminders may necessitate separate emails.
Designated staff members from across campus can submit posts by logging in here. If you would like to submit a post but do not have access, contact the Office of Communications at email@example.com.