We are offering one day this summer, August 24th, as a soft opening in the wellness center. You can sign up for the on campus massages by emailing Erin Buenzli. The cost is $25 for a 50 minute massage and tips are appreciated.
Fall term Wellu massage sign up will start on September 13th. Massages will be offered both on and off campus at the YMCA. Limit one per term.
- Wellness Center is open Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday, Sunday 9am-4pm. Make a reservation at go.lawrence.edu/WELLUreserve
- Monday night Yoga on Main Hall Green 6pm
- Live Zoom Classes: LU and UW-Oshkosh collaborative
- TRX Wednesdays 12pm
- Total Titan/Viking T/R 11:30-12:15pm
- Cardio/Core Fridays 11:30-12:15pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 5733 9363
Wellness Services is hiring a Staff Psychologist/Training Director and is looking for two student volunteers to serve on the search and screen committee. Committee members will need to be available virtually through the end of the search (tentatively end of June). If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5.
Welcome – or welcome back – to Lawrence. For many years, the partnership between Lawrence University and the Appleton YMCA has provided access to the Y facilities to Lawrence University students at no charge. The Y has given notice that starting this academic year, they need to make a change to the terms of our agreement, and it is expected that these changes will be finalized over the next few weeks and at the latest November 1st. While the details of the ongoing relationship are ironed out, the Y has agreed to continue providing complimentary memberships to students as in the past, with some expanded facility usage benefits. You can pick up an application for Y membership from the Wellness Center then take it to the Y for processing and to get your membership card.
Below are just a few of our wellness opportunities from Wellness Services.
- Reserve your space to workout at the wellness center. Hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 7am-10pm, Friday 7am-9pm, Saturday 9am-7pm, Sunday 10am-9pm.
- Yoga classes are back. Tuesdays and Thursday 11:15-12 on Main Hall green near Ormsby Lake. Rain or below 50 degrees will be in the wellness center gym-first come first serve, limited attendance
- Starting Sept. 21st the pool will be open the following hours. Monday-Friday 11:15-1:15pm and Saturday 11-3pm. Sign up required. Locker rooms will remain closed.
- TRX Classes. New pre-recorded body weight sessions available every Monday. Wednesday 12-12:45 is a live zoom class. Log in from anywhere or reserve your space at the wellness center. Small weights and bands can replace the TRX for any exercises.
Counseling is available at Lawrence through the Wellness Services department to help with a wide range of concerns. Services are offered through individual sessions with a trained, professional counselor in addition to group and outreach offerings to campus. Currently our department is seeking to hire an additional mental health counselor to assist in providing these services. We value your input and, as such, would like to compile a group of volunteers from the current LU student community to help with the interview process. These interviews are planned to take place between late August and early September of 2020. If you are interested in working with a group of fellow Lawrentians to interview potential candidates for the counseling position, please contact Erin Buenzli at Erin.Buenzli@lawrence.edu for additional information.
Starting July 6th the YMCA and Lawrence will be offering physically distant outdoor yoga Mondays at 6pm on Main Hall green. Meet by the rock and bring your LU ID, mat, and water.
Starting June 29th the wellness center hours will expand to 8am-7pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-6pm Fridays.
Beginning Tuesday June 16th the wellness center will be open Monday-Friday from 7am-5pm by appointment. You will be able to reserve a space and time by calling the wellness center at 920-832-6836 or by emailing email@example.com. The building will only be open for current students and employees at this time and the pool and locker rooms will be closed.
All Athletic facilities (Alexander Gym and all outdoor venues) will remain closed until July 1st, where at the point the decision on whether or not to open will be re-evaluated.
My name is Madalyn Holtz and I am an intern with Lawrence University where I will be working as a virtual personal trainer for the Healthy Viking Program this summer.
I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm with you through the Healthy Vikings Program!
You can contact me via email at “Madalyn Holtz” firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an initial conversation. All sessions are free, open to all employees and students and equipment will be provided if needed.