TAMPA, Fla. — The University of Missouri-St. Louis defeated Lawrence University 9-0 on Sunday in a nonconference match. A NCAA Division II school, the Tritons won each match in straight sets as Lawrence faced a team filled with players from around the world.
This was the first match for the Vikings during a week of practice and competition during Lawrence’s spring break period.
Univ. of Missouri-St. Louis 9, Lawrence University 0
1. Nils Mueggenburg (UMSL) def. Brian DeCorte (LU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Harry Heyburn (UMSL) def. David Jumes (LU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Tim McLarty (UMSL) def. Jeremy Andereck (LU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Gabriel Oliveira (UMSL) def. Mitch Kasprzyk (LU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Dario Vidaurre (UMSL) def. Adam Busch (LU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Irving Corrales (UMSL) def. Ethan Perushek (LU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Nils Mueggenburg/Harry Heyburn (UMSL) def. Jeremy Andereck/Brian DeCorte (LU) 8-0
2. Tim McLarty/Dario Vidaurre (UMSL) def. David Jumes/Sam Wiener (LU) 8-0
3. Tom Gorter/Gabriel Oliveira (UMSL) def. Mitch Kasprzyk/Adam Busch (LU) 8-2
Lawrence University 2-9