FOND DU LAC, Wis. — The Lawrence University women’s tennis team got Wednesday’s match started by sweeping the doubles matches and rolled to an 8-1 nonconference win over Marian University at Buttermilk Creek Park.
Lawrence (4-2) ran its win streak to four matches with the victory.
The Vikings lost just three games in sweeping the three doubles matches. Elana Lambert and Alexis Shannon led the way for the Vikings by winning 8-0 at No. 3 doubles. Katie Frankel and Lindsay Holsen were 8-1 winners at No. 1, and Annie Harincar and Alicia Lex won 8-2 at No. 2.
Frankel (No. 1), Holsen (No. 2) and El Goblirsch (No. 6) all won in straight sets in singles. Lambert won at No. 3 and Harincar was a winner at No. 4.
Lawrence University 8, Marian University 1
1. Katie Frankel (LU) def. Meg Hartzell (MU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Alissa Heid (MU) 6-1, 6-4
3. Elana Lambert (LU) def. Mackenzie Meyers (MU) 4-6, 6-2, 1-0 (10-6)
4. Annie Harincar (LU) def. Andrea Krahenbuhl (MU) 6-2, 2-6, 1-0 (10-6)
5. Kristin Houle (MU) def. Alexis Shannon (LU) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 (10-7)
6. El Goblirsch (LU) def. Mati Kissack (MU) 6-0, 6-3
1. Katie Frankel/Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Meg Hartzell/Celeste Degeneffe (MU) 8-1
2. Annie Harincar/Alicia Lex (LU) def. Alissa Heid/Mackenzie Meyers (MU) 8-2
3. Elana Lambert/Alexis Shannon (LU) def. Melissa Spannbauer/Alyssa Ostrowski (MU) 8-0