OSHKOSH, Wis. — The Lawrence University women’s tennis team kept its streak of dominance alive against Ripon College with a 9-0 Midwest Conference win over the Red Hawks on Thursday at the YMCA Tennis Center.
Lawrence (6-4, 5-2 MWC) has now beaten Ripon (6-8, 3-4) 13 consecutive times in a streak that dates back to the 2004 season.
Lawrence rolled through the doubles as both the No. 1 team of Katie Frankel and Lindsay Holsen and the No. 2 duo of Annie Harincar and Alicia Lex won 8-0.
The Vikings also posted three 6-0, 6-0 wins in singles as Holsen at No. 2, Lex at No. 5 and Katie Nottberg at No. 6 all won without dropping a game. Frankel won in straight sets at No. 1 and Harincar at No. 3 and Shannon at No. 4 both won a third-set supertiebreaker to claim victories.
Lawrence University 9, Ripon College 0
1. Katie Frankel (LU) def. Maddie VandenHouten (RC) 7-5, 6-4
2. Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Morgan Makar (RC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Annie Harincar (LU) def. Samantha Kiesner (RC) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-2)
4. Alexis Shannon (LU) def. Carly Wesner (RC) 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6)
5. Alicia Lex (LU) def. Madeline Salzer (RC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Lily Lenk (RC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Katie Frankel/Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Maddie VandenHouten/Morgan Makar (RC) 8-0
2. Annie Harincar/Alicia Lex (LU) def. Samantha Kiesner/Carly Wesner (RC) 8-0
3. Alexis Shannon/Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Madeline Salzer/Lily Lenk (RC) 8-3