If you are interested in a first-time or refresher training, a number of sessions will be offered. Most sessions will be in Zoom, but there will be two sessions in-person. The in-person sessions will take place in the Humanities Lab (Main 108). Descriptions, modalities, topics, dates and times are listed below.
> Introduction: A walkthrough of Canvas and tools to get started using Canvas.
> Grading and Feedback: A focused look at using the grading and feedback tools available in Canvas including the gradebook and Speedgrader.
> Course Design: A hands-on exploration of how to create a student-centered Canvas course using the Canvas Course Checklist.
Session Dates and Times
Most sessions will be in Zoom, but there will be one session in-person. The in-person session will take place in the Humanities Lab (Main Hall 108). Modalities and topics are listed below.
- Friday, November 19, 10:30-11:30 a.m. [In-Person] Grading and Feedback
- Monday, November 22, 10:00-11:30 a.m. [Zoom] Introduction
- Tuesday, November 23, 10:00-11:30 a.m. [Zoom] Grading and Feedback
- Tuesday, November 30, 9:30-11:00 a.m. [In-Person] Introduction
- Wednesday, December 1, 1:30-3:00 p.m. [Zoom] Canvas Course Design
- Friday, December 3, 9:30-11:00 a.m. [Zoom] Introduction
- Thursday, December 9, 9:30-11:00 a.m. [Zoom] Grading and Feedback
- Thursday, December 9, 1:30-3:00 p.m. [Zoom] Canvas Course Design
- Monday, December 13, 10-11:30 a.m. [Zoom] Introduction
Please RSVP here. You may choose as many sessions as you wish to attend.
Zoom links for pertinent sessions will be shared with you after you RSVP.