Wisconsin Sports Development Corporation has an opportunity for a student or class to gain real-world experience in conducting an economic impact survey of the 2010 Badger State Summer Games held in the Fox Cities during the weekends of June 18-20 and June 25-27.
Wisconsin Sports Development Corporation (WSDC) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization devoted to fostering participation, competition and memorable experiences through our events and programs that promote health, active lifestyles and a sense of community. WSDC’s marquee event is the Badger State Games. The philosophy of the Badger State Games is that everyone plays regardless of age or ability. The Games embody the values of participation and good sportsmanship. BSG is Wisconsin’s only Olympic-style sports festival and is truly a grassroots organization that relies on the dedication of thousands of volunteers and the support of corporate partners.
WSDC wishes to ascertain the economic impact the Badger State Games has on the Fox Cities area. In order to do this the following steps will need to be accomplished (see attachments):
- Review past processes, tools, timelines and reports
- Revise, update or create new processes and tools
- Create a timeline for implementation
- Recruit and train volunteer staff as needed to implement the study
- Collect and analyze appropriate data
- Prepare reports and deliver presentations to various stakeholders – eg: BSG staff, board of directors, funding sources, and other constituents.
See Professor Finkler if this project intrigues you.