While summer is great to enjoy your time off, it is also a good time to start searching or applying for internships. There are many programs for anyone interested in a career relating to the #BE community. We have already covered many summer internships and their hiring timelines in Part 1, which you can see here. This week, we have Part 2 which covers Rotational Internships and Educational Programs.
Rotational Internships require you to work in multiple roles. Some of these types of programs are full-time jobs geared towards new grads. Educational or Training programs involve the participant’s learning.
Most applications for Rotational and Educational Programs open around July or August and the deadlines are usually in September or October for the following summer. It would be wise to plan ahead as during Lawrence’s academic year, you may find yourself busy with classes when these deadlines arrive. Here are some internships to start your search over the summer categorized by when their applications open to help plan out your application process.
Applications opening in July:
- Cigna: Sales Academy – Deadline in October. For graduates who have had their Bachelor’s for 0-3 years.
- Cigna: Actuarial Executive Development Program (AEDP) – Deadline in November. For graduates who have their Bachelor’s degree and professional experience for 0-4 years. Successful completion of minimum one SOA examination strongly recommended.
Applications opening in late August or early September:
- Dropbox University and Grad Internships – Applications open up in late August for recent graduates.
- Cigna: Risk Management & Underwriting Leadership Development Program (RULDP) – Applications open in September and deadline is in November. For recent graduates with 0-3 years of work experience. Preferred majors include Mathematics and Economics.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Internships – For enrolled undergrad students.
- Visa Rotational Programs – For recent graduates.
- Mastercard Launch Program – Opens in May 2021 for graduating seniors. If working for Mastercard interests you can also see their other internships here.
- M&T Programs – Mainly for seniors and recent graduates.
- Spotify: FAR Program – Deadline is in mid-February. This program is for recent graduates who identify with one or more underrepresented groups.
- Glaxo Smith-Kline: Future Leaders Graduate Program – This 2-3 year program includes various opportunities in business, marketing, R&D and more!
- Northern Trust: Opportunities and Student Programs – 12-18 month program for recent graduates. 3.0 GPA preferred.
Educational and Training Programs :
- JP Morgan Chase: Winning Women Program and Advancing Black Pathways Program – Chase’s Winning Women Program is for currently enrolled female undergraduates that is open from May 2021 and closes by late June. Advancing Black Pathways is for students from underrepresented groups, first generation college students and others facing significant barriers when entering the financial industry. Applications are currently closed but if this interests you, feel free to keep an eye on it for next year!
- International Monetary Fund Research Assistant Program – For recent graduates with a GPA of 3.5 and higher.
- Disney: International Exchange and College Programs – The International Exchange program is for currently enrolled undergraduate students while the college programs are for both students and recent graduates.
- Harvard Business School (HBS): Summer Venture in Management – Not to be confused with HBS’s CORe business classes, this management program is geared towards students who are from groups currently underrepresented in the corporate world, are first generation college students, or from schools whose graduates are underrepresented.
Once again, the majority of internships open during August/September and end up closing in the middle of our fall or winter terms, which makes it difficult to apply while handling all your other responsibilities at Lawrence. You can schedule an appointment with Grace, our #BE advisor (she’s available all summer too), or with Raisa, our CPE, to get help in planning ahead and preparing your applications!
Raisa Fatima ’23 Career Peer Educator