We’re so excited to welcome our friends in the Center for Academic Success to the second floor of the Mudd Library! When the renovation is complete, they’ll be joining our other second floor buddies, Technology Services.
Here’s a timeline of what’s happening:
- Technology Services Helpdesk will be moving to room 401 on March 10th.
- Room 401 will not be available for reservations or Zoom conferencing until Fall term 2020 while that room is our temporary Helpdesk (a Zoom-ready room is still available on the 3rd floor).
- Construction of the second floor will begin on Monday, March 23- the first day of spring break.
- The second floor (including the ITC computer lab) will be unavailable over spring term and most of the summer.
- Construction is scheduled to be completed near the end of August 2020.
Please be sure to let us know if there is any way we can help while the construction is underway. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Get your quiet library time during the later afternoons, evenings, and weekends when the construction crews will not be working.
- Noise-cancelling headphones are available to check out from the circulation desk.
- We’ll be moving study tables to other floors so there will still be plenty of places to study.
- Can’t find something? Ask us! We’re happy to help, or to retrieve items for you.
Wondering how the library will be arranged once the construction and move are complete? Here’s a visualization!
Thank you to our many friends from all over campus who worked hard for years to make this project happen!