If you’re interested in working for or with nonprofit organizations, one valuable resource to aid your research is ProPublica’s Nonprofit Explorer:
ProPublica’s Nonprofit Explorer is an online platform that offers a comprehensive database of information about nonprofit organizations operating in the United States.
Here are some tips to use it to your advantage:
- Use the search bar to look up organizations by name, location, or keyword.
- Alternatively, you can browse organizations by category, such as education, healthcare, or arts and culture.
- Dive into an organization’s programs and achievements to evaluate its impact.
- Look for measurable outcomes, testimonials, and success stories that showcase the nonprofit’s effectiveness in achieving its mission.
- Learn about the nonprofit’s board of directors, key staff members, and their qualifications.
- Consider how the organization’s leadership aligns with your values and career goals.
- Use Nonprofit Explorer to compare several nonprofit organizations side by side.
- This allows you to make informed decisions about which organizations align most closely with your career aspirations.
- Once you’ve identified organizations of interest, consider reaching out to their staff or volunteers.
- Attend events, webinars, or conferences related to the nonprofit sector to expand your network and gather more information.