We have a few exciting updates for the makerspace for winter term.
- Reserving 3D printers: We’ve implemented a much easier method that uses a combination of Google Forms, the add-on Data Director for Forms, and Google Calendar to reserve the 3D printers and display availability. QR codes and shortened URLs placed near each printer are helping students to quickly see what’s available and make reservations.
- Makerspace Club updates: The student makerspace club has been paired with a child in need of a prosthetic hand through e-Nable and has begun planning the creation of the custom prosthetic.
- Glowforge! We’ve placed our order for a Glowforge laser cutter and hope to receive it this summer.
- Winter term training: Open training sessions are scheduled for Mondays at 2:30 pm and Thursdays at 11 am.
- New furniture and space reorganization: We’ve moved some stuff around to make student projects in process storage more visible- and we’re trying out stools on wheels for more flexible seating. Let us know what you think!