Students from the Innovation and Entrepreneurship course, In Pursuit of Innovation have spent a lot of time in the makerspace this term creating prototypes for some excellent products.
- We’ve had students combine 3D printing and sewing for a portable shelter,
- sew a prototype of a more comfortable sports bra,
- 3D print a prototype compost bin design that makes composting fun for kids
- design and create belt packs made from new types of durable materials
- 3D print a prototype aeroponic planter and cut out the logo with the vinyl cutter
The last project listed has even been made into a Kickstarter project! Be sure to check out the Green Plantern by AIRO. The effort and thought put into this project is very impressive. They hope to make indoor gardening more accessible through their compact aeroponics system.Their campaign runs until December 24, 2017.