Hooray! We made it through fall term! While you’re all safely navigating to your place to settle in for break, don’t forget that your friends in the Mudd are here for you!
The library will be open from November 30 through December 18, Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm. Access to the library building is still limited to students, faculty, and staff and your Lawrence ID is required to enter.
We’ll be available to help virtually as well! Many of the ways we were able to help you over fall term will continue into winter term!
The library will be closed (and staff will be off) from December 19th through January 3rd, as the campus will be closed during that time. Please contact us as soon as possible to help with your course reserves, set up research instruction sessions, and other library services. We’ll open again on Monday, January 4th.
Even if when the library is closed, there’s still lots the library can help you with!
- Streaming media databases: Find documentaries, instructional videos, movies, news clips, operas, theatre performances, and much more from our varied collection of streaming video resources. Our streaming audio resources include a wide variety of music, theatre audio, and more. Many of these resources include permalinks to individual titles and the ability to make clips to use in courses, and most can be accessed off campus with a proxy login.
- OneSearch and Article databases: Find full text articles by searching in OneSearch and in many of our databases.
- ArtStor Image Database: Collect images for your courses and projects in ArtStor.
- Course reserve forms: We have PDF forms of our course reserve cards available that you can fill out at home and print out (or save as and print out later). Find an article in one of our databases? Use this form to simply enter some information, and we’ll add your reading and fill out the card. We’ll still be doing just electronic reserves for winter term.
- RefWorks citation manager: Don’t have access to a printer? Collect and organize resources in RefWorks that you can easily locate once we’re open again.
We hope everyone has a safe, restful, and happy winter break! Happy holidays from your friends in the Mudd!