Even though things are different on campus fall term, your friends from the Mudd are still available to provide the services to help you succeed! We’ve put together this guide of instructional videos about library services and resources to help you out. Additionally, here’s a list of your favorite services, and how they’re a little different this term.
Circulation- Checking out library books & other stuff:
- For students, faculty, and staff on campus: Request items through our library catalog and they’ll be sent to you in campus mail! Here’s an informative video that show you exactly how to do this!
- For students living off campus out of the Appleton area: Continue to request scans of book chapters and articles through the library catalog- as detailed in this video.
- For students living off campus in the Appleton area: Select Lawrence University Library as the pickup location when requesting items through the library catalog.
Reference- Research Help and Librarian Instruction
- Our reference librarians will continue to be available for questions, research appointments, as well as targeted in-class instruction- all over Zoom, chat, phone, or email!
- All students, faculty, and staff can continue to request scans of articles and book chapters through interlibrary loan.
- Those on campus are welcome to begin requesting physical items again- but keep in mind that wait times for the items will be extended as we follow quarantining protocols for the items.
- The Makerspace will be available over fall term, but only two individuals will be permitted in the space at a time. Reserve time in the makerspace by using the reservation form and calendar.
- Since use will be limited, academic use of the space and equipment will be getting much higher priority. Makerspace training will be on demand by emailing the makerspace, and mostly restricted to academic use only. This is due to the limited number of individuals in the space and since makerspace staff will be in the building much less this term.
- If you’d like us to make something for you (either for academic or non-academic use), please complete the project request form. We’re happy to help!
- Faculty who are interested in having their students work on a makerspace-related assignment are welcome to email us with any questions or ideas.
- Our Archivist, Lina Rosenberg Foley, will scan items as requested to facilitate remote research as well as any documents needed for classes.
- In-person research can be scheduled on a limited basis.
- Email email@example.com for assistance!
Access to the Building
We know many of you have been missing the Mudd Library building (we know- we have too)! To ensure the safety of everyone, we’ve had to make some temporary changes.
- Building hours will be limited for now. Hours will be posted on the library calendar.
- Eating will not be permitted in the library.
- The library stacks will temporarily be closed. This means instead of students, faculty, and staff being able to go to the shelves to get their own stuff- it will have to be requested through the library catalog. Here’s a video that explains how to request items.
- Fewer individuals will be permitted in the building than usual. To help all of us limit the number of people in the library, and to help everyone socially distance, a number of chairs have been relocated and level A, 3rd, and 4th floors have been limited to staff only.
- The building is card access only and access is limited to current members of the Lawrence University community only. Don’t forget your LU ID card to enter!
We know these changes will present a challenge to all of us- and we thank you ahead of time for working with us to keep all of us safe! We can’t wait until we can resume our regular hours and access to services! We’re doing all we can to ensure our students are still able to get all of the materials you’ll need to succeed while still keeping you safe! Please reach out to us with any questions! We’ll do all we can to accommodate!