Harry M. Jansen Kraemer Jr., former chief executive officer of the multibillion-dollar global health care company Baxter International, joins President Jill Beck in opening Lawrence’s 163rd academic year and 2011-12 convocation series Thursday, Sept. 15 with the annual matriculation address. The theme for this year’s convocation series is “Liberal Arts and the Life of the Mind.”
A 1977 Lawrence University graduate, Kraemer presents “Becoming a Values-Based Leader” at 11:10 a.m. in the Lawrence Memorial Chapel. The convocation is free and open to the public.
Library and Web resources:
- Search for articles by and about Harry Kraemer in Academic Search Premier (oncampus only)
- Harry Kraemer biography page from the Kellogg School of Management
- From Values to Action: The Four Principles of Values-Based Leadership. Kraemer’s “dynamic book for existing and aspiring leaders…”
- “Harry Kraemer’s Moment of Truth” from Fast Company. “In an era when the business section read like the police blotter, the CEO of Baxter International faced a tough ethical dilemma. And he did something noteworthy: He actually did the right thing.”
- “Board of Trustees Gets a New Chair” — a Lawrence Today interview with outgoing chair Harry Kraemer and incoming chair Terry Franke.