You may have noticed that our library search, OneSearch, recently got a spiffy new look. In addition to a new user interface (UI) this new look brought with it some nice new features. Our systems librarian, Craig Thomas, who manages the OneSearch system among others, has put together some brief, informative videos to help you get around the new UI:
- Main Menu (0:20)
- Main Search Box (0:35)
- Brief Results Navigation (0:50)
- Refine My Results (0:48)
- Full Display: Layout and Navigation (1:47)
Additionally, be sure to sign in to your library account and check out these new features:
- Old E-Shelf and Queries are now grouped together as Favorites, which is visualized as a pushpin icon. E-Shelf was previously a star icon.
- My Library Card (Menu > card icon) gives access to your library account.
- All your saved records and searches have migrated from old E-Shelf & Queries to My Favorites.
- All your loans, requests, etc. have migrated from old My Account to My Library Card.
- You’ll note that the old folders metaphor from E-Shelf has been dropped in favor of the term “labels.” But no worries: labels work the same way folders did.