It is with great pleasure that I announce the 2021 President’s Award of Excellence to recognize staff members who continually go above and beyond for the betterment of Lawrence.
The President’s Award of Excellence (PAE) recognizes exemplary University staff members for their exceptional support and performance for their Department and the University. Nominations will be vetted by the PAE Committee and the President will select up to two individuals annually for this award.
The nominations will be carefully deliberated taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Innovation and Enhancement: Drives innovation, initiative and leadership in the workplace through creative ideas, which positively impact the University and/or the surrounding community.
- Support of Individuals: Demonstrates an above and beyond commitment to provide timely service and support to the students, staff or faculty.
- Stewardship of Campus Facilities & Resources: Demonstrates a high level of care and responsible management for the well-being of the University and its resources for the benefit of our students, staff, and faculty.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Cultivates trust, respect, and actively includes different perspectives while working in partnership with others to create an environment of comradery and collaboration.
- Fosters a Diverse & Welcoming Community: Individual is committed to fostering a community that embraces all members and provides equal access, opportunity, and outcome to cultivate inclusion and dialogue across differences.
- Nominees must be an active, regular full or part-time staff member with a minimum of one year of service. Cabinet members, faculty, student workers/students and staff with less than one year of service, casual, temporary, leased/contracted employees are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees consistently demonstrate the criteria listed above
- Nominees demonstrate and maintain consistent job performance that exceeds expectations while displaying high levels of commitment, stewardship, and respect
On behalf of President Carter and the PAE Advisory Committee, we strongly encourage you to nominate a deserving colleague for the 2021 President’s Award of Excellence. You may nominate a staff member from your own department or another department.
Nominations will be accepted now through Thursday, January 13, 2022 and forms are available on the President’s Award of Excellence webpage. Nominations should describe how the employee encompasses the above-mentioned criteria. A persuasive nomination will consist of heartfelt examples that illustrate the merit of the candidate, along with real-life anecdotes. The nomination form can be submitted by one of the following methods:
Thank you in advance for assisting us to identify and honor outstanding members of our Lawrence University staff!