Help us recognize the people who strive to create inclusive excellence at Lawrence – nominate someone today! The nomination deadline has been extended to Monday, April 29.
The Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award was created to honor a select group of extraordinary individuals who serve as role models for our efforts to create a more inclusive Lawrence. These individuals use their personal power, talents, position and influence to help the University achieve inclusive excellence in the execution of its mission. Annually, four awards will be given: one to a student, faculty, staff member and a community partner.
Each award recipient has demonstrated exemplary achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting intergroup, cross cultural understanding
- Fostering the academic and personal success of groups that have been underserved and underrepresented in higher education
- Creating a campus climate that encourages and supports the expression of diverse perspectives and ways of being
- Helping to prevent harassment, bullying and illegal discrimination
- Contributing to efforts that foster greater diversity among Lawrence students, faculty and staff
All Lawrence students and employees are eligible for the award and can make nominations. Community partner award nominees can be from any location or sector. Nominees can be groups or individuals in any of the categories (i.e., student, faculty, staff member and community partner). Nominations should include: (1) a letter of nomination not to exceed 2 pages addressing the aforementioned criteria; (2) an additional letter of support from someone other than the person making the nomination; and (3) the nominee’s resume or curriculum vita. In the case of a group nominee, provide the official mission/purpose and history of the group along with a description of its membership. To complete a nomination, please submit these three items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An ad hoc committee made up of a subgroup of the President’s Committee on Diversity Affairs (PCDA) will choose the award recipients.