The start of a new school year is always an exciting time- and a great time to learn about all that your friends in the Mudd Library can do to help you succeed here at Lawrence University. To help you out, we’ve compiled some links and information to help you get started. As always, if you have any questions- ask us!
- The first floor is usually the noisiest and the fourth is the quietest. There are a variety of study spaces on all floors.
- Your Lawrence ID is your library card.
- Again- it’s our job to help you- don’t be afraid to ask!
- Summer hours are Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
- When the school year begins, the library is open Monday-Thursday 8 am to 1 am, Friday 8 am to 11 pm, Saturday 10 am to 11 pm, and Sunday 11 am to 1 am.
- Search OneSearch to find things like books and academic articles.
- Your Lawrence I.D. serves as your library card to check stuff out from the library–be sure to bring it with you. Checkout periods are 28 days for books and scores for students, 14 days for CDs, 7 days for videos and DVDs. The library also circulates a variety of equipment.
- Take a look at the group and individual study spaces in the library.
- Find your way around with our mobile-friendly virtual tour!
- You can print, copy, and scan in the library.
- Learn about the types of materials, and types of equipment you can check out.
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to learn about the library, events, new items, and more!
- See who we are– chances are you’ll be seeing a lot of us during your time at Lawrence.
- Looking for a job? See available jobs in Lawrence Link.
Getting stuff from the library
- Books, DVDs, musical scores, and other materials are sometimes placed on course reserve by professors and are available behind the Circulation Desk. Electronic reserves can be accessed by logging in to your library account.
- The Makerspace provides all students with access to equipment and tools to enhance the creativity of their academic work. Located on the first floor of the library. See the makerspace guide to learn all about it.
- A Reference Librarian is available at the reference desk many hours a day during the school year and over breaks. Ask us questions! That’s why we’re here! Reference Librarians are also happy to arrange research appointments with students.
- Need something from another library? You can place a request electronically by logging in to your interlibrary loan account or by clicking the Find It button when searching our databases.
- Explore our collections by coming to the library and wandering around or take a look at our collections pages. We have a ton of great stuff to help you with your coursework.