Get ready for the upcoming annual library winter break closure! In addition to visiting with family and friends and relaxing, we know many will be using this time to prepare for winter term. Here are some ways the library can help, even when the building is closed:
- Streaming media databases: Find documentaries, instructional videos, movies, news clips, operas, theatre performances, and much more from our varied collection of streaming video resources. Our streaming audio resources include a wide variety of music, theatre audio, and more. Many of these resources include permalinks to individual titles and the ability to make clips to use in courses, and most can be accessed off campus with a proxy login.
- OneSearch and Article databases: Find full text articles by searching in OneSearch and in many of our databases.
- ArtStor Image Database: Collect images for your courses and projects in ArtStor.
- Electronic books: Need a book? Access an eBook from our eBook databases- or from our friends at the Appleton Public Library (or your local public library).
- Course reserve forms: We have PDF forms of our course reserve cards available that you can fill out at home and print out (or save as and print out later). Find an article in one of our databases? Use this form to simply enter some information, and we’ll add your reading and fill out the card.
- RefWorks citation manager: Don’t have access to a printer? Collect and organize resources in RefWorks that you can easily locate once we’re open again.
We’ll be open again on January 2nd, from 8 am to 4:30 pm, then resuming regular school year hours on January 3rd. We look forward to seeing everyone back on campus and in the library!
Now that fall term is wrapping up, it’s time to start thinking about special D-Term and winter break hours.
- Tuesday, November 20th (the last day of final exams), 8 a.m. until 9 p.m.
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21
- Closed Thursday, November 22 through Sunday, November 25th
- Beginning Monday, November 26, we’ll be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed from Saturday, December 22 through Tuesday, January 1.
- We’ll be open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2.
Academic year library hours will resume on Thursday, January 3.
Your friends in the Mudd will be here to help you prepare for next term (we’re talking to you faculty, students, and staff) or to catch up on some books and movies.
Taking a D-Term class? Our reference librarians are on call from 8:30 am through 4:30 p.m. to support any D-Term reference needs. You’re also welcome to check out some movies, CDs, video games (and a Nintendo Wii system), board games, musical scores, and of course, books.
Off campus? Most of our databases can be access from off campus! You can continue to do research, or enjoy some great plays, operas, documentaries, and much more from our streaming media databases. Interlibrary loan articles may also be requested over breaks, even if you’re off campus.
As always, we’re here to help- so if there are any ways your friends in the Mudd Library can help you, just ask!
It’s winter break, which means the library has switched to break hours. The library will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through December 18th. As with the rest of campus, the library will be closed the week of December 21-25, and will reopen on Monday, December 28. See the library calendar for more details.
Now is a great time to stop in the Mudd Library and ask our reference librarians to tell you more about the new OneSearch library resource search. OneSearch allows searching of both items in the library and electronic resources from one search bar! We’ll also help you learn when OneSearch is right for your research, and when more in-depth searching in individual databases is the right choice. Off campus, but want to learn more? Take a look at our Searching Library Collections page or contact a reference librarian by email or phone.
Remember, the library has a great selection of popular movies, novels, games, and music in addition to our vast selection of scholarly materials. Now that you may have time for leisure materials, stop in and discover something fun!